Please read the following sentences and add an appropriate sentence opener.
- The man trudged slowly along the long winding road.
- The light trickled through the open window like liquid gold.
- The black cat purred contentedly as it lay on a soft brown sofa.
- The rabbit gnawed at its carrot ravenously as it sat in its hutch.
- I went to school yesterday, but today I was ill so I stayed in bed.
- She called the boy’s name softly, before leaving the room.
- He climbed cautiously up the steep slope and gazed at the magnificent scenery below.
- James didn’t like broccoli; he didn’t like cauliflower; nor did he like carrots and he most certainly didn’t like sprouts!
- Isabelle was very tired, so tired that she could hardly keep her eyes open and her head began to droop.
- Charlotte was painting a lovely picture when the lights went out and she began to scream.
Once completed use the following non-fiction sentence starters and create your own sentences.
- This article will . . .
- The purpose of this article is to . . .
- The information presented will . . .
- This article is designed to . . .
- The following information . . .
- I will try to . . .
- I will attempt to . . .
- It can be difficult to . . . so . . .