Class 4x have just started coding using Espresso Coding. Although we have had some technical issues, each student is becoming more confident in using the app.
Please comment to say what you have learned about coding throughout the lesson.
Questions to think about:
- What is a variable?
- What is coding?
- What does programming mean?
Look at the following image of a rainforest drink. Can you make a catch phrase using imperatives and a range of adjectives?
Eg: Open a cold, crisp can of rainforest juice.
This week Year 4 will be looking at persuasive adverts. We will look at a range of writing features used to persuade the reader, such as:
- Rhetorical questions
- Catch Phrases
Can you find any persuasive adverts in newspapers and magazines at home?
This week Year 4 will be looking at addition and subtracting in problem solving.
Please use your prompt sheets to make sure that you are confident in the column method and you read all questions carefully.
Look at the following advert:
Can you tell me which persuasive advertising features have been used?
Cause and Effect Conjunctions
Fill in the blanks using an appropriate conjunction.
- The clouds turned black __________we decided to go back inside.
- I did not eat all of my dinner __________ I wasn’t hungry.
- I didn’t enjoy the film, __________ I watched it anyway.
- Ayan waited for him __________ he bought some sweets.
- The door was left unlocked __________ a thief broke into the house.
- I will finish my homework, __________ if it takes me all night!
- The reason I don’t like lemons is __________ they are very bitter.
So, but, whilst, and, even, because, because
This week we will be learning about …
This week Year 4 will be looking at persuasive writing. We will be reading a range of persuasive texts and analysing the vocabulary used. The children will be confident in identifying a range of features in the text and will be able to use the following words and phrases in their writing:
- As a result,
- In support of this,
- In my opinion.
In maths, children will be looking at ordering fractions, finding equivalent fractions and finding fraction and decimal equivalents.
Save The World
As part of our new IPC topic ‘Save the World’, we have been learning about rainforests and why they they are so important. We would like the children to look at the following areas:
- Where are rainforests found?
- What animals can be found there?
- What is deforestation?
- Why is important to protect the rainforest?
- How can we protect the rainforest?
Write a character description using literal and inferred characteristics.
- Physical Appearance
Zootopia – Film Review
1. Give a brief summary of the summary.
2. What was the moral of the story?
3. Who were the main characters?
4. What did you think about the movie?
5. Star Rating: / 5
Please use a dictionary to put the following words in alphabetical order and find the definition:
- caterpillar, car, cat, cabbage, cabin
2. dog, digger, dance, duck, diet