Recycling Centre Visit Autumn 2016

We visited the Thermal Recovery Centre in Bolton to find out what happens to our waste and how we can be better at recycling. Let us know what you learned and enjoyed most about your visit and if it has helped you to change your recycling habits at home.

This entry was posted in Class Blogs and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

40 Responses to Recycling Centre Visit Autumn 2016

1. 0212011ac says:

I learned that our rubbish gets burnt and made into electricity.My favourite part was when we looked at the furnace.

2. 0212011hy says:

I learned that do not throw litter on the floor because it can kill animals because there is sugar inside and the animals might eat it,choke and die.

• 0212011am says:

I really liked your comment HY because now I know that animals can choke or die if you throw rubbish on the floor.

3. 0212011zp1 says:

I learned that electricity is made from your rubbish. I enjoyed walking around the centre with the headphones,gloves and glasses.I found interesting that our rubbish is created into anything.

4. 0212011aa4 says:

I learned the Bolton Thermal Recovery Facility burns the rubbish and change it to electricity. i enjoyed watching the grabber picking the rubbish up and putting into the furnace.I found interesting that the furnace temprature is over 1000 degree.

5. 0212011rp says:

I learned the Bolton Thermal Recovery Facility recycles our wastes and burns it and produces us electricity.
    I enjoyed making the paper bags out of non recycling and giving it to mum.
    I found interesting that Fred Dibnah climbed the tower in the 1980s and the furnace is over 1000 degrees

6. 0212011em says:

I learned that Thermal Recovery Facility makes rubbish into electricity before they did that they burnt it. I enjoyed it when we went around. I found interesting were we wore the eqiupment

• 0212011up says:

I learned the Bolton thermal recovery facility recycles waste and generates it into electricity. I enjoyed making bags out of wallpaper for our parents.I found interesting that the waste was put into a furnace which is the temperature of 1,000 degrees Celsius.Alison (a worker from the recycling centre)said a man called Fred Dibnah always used to fix the cracks in the chimney.

• 0212011up says:

I agree that you found it interesting wearing the equipment

7. 0212011sh says:

I like your comment ZP because it tells me how electricity works and now I know that with rubbish you can make anything.

8. 0212011hy says:

I found interesting that they put the litter in the furnace(a big fire place that is more then 1000 degrease hot)and do not put the wrong litter in the wrong bin.

9. 0212011nh says:

I learned that you can use rubbish to make things. I enjoyed making bags out of wallpaper. I found interesting about learning what kind of bin you had to put your rubbish in.

10. 0212011am says:

I learned that some of the recycling can make some more electricity. I enjoyed making the bags for myself and I also enjoyed looking at the fire and the greedy grabber grab all the rubbish.

11. 0212011hy says:

I enjoined making bags with wallpaper.

12. 0212011ms says:

At the Recycling center I learned that the recycling gets burnt then it generates into electricity.I enjoyed making the bags out of pretty sheets of wallpaper for my sister.I found interesting that Fred Dibna climbed the chimney in the 1980s

13. 0212011zp says:

I learned that the bolton thermal recovery facility generates electricity. I enjoyed that the walk was fun. I found interesting that the furnace was 1000 degrees.

14. 0212011mk says:

I learned that the fire is over 1000 dc. I enjoyed walking around with the cool helmet,gloves,ear protectors and glasses. I found interesting that you generate electricity with rubbish.

15. 0212011kp says:

Recycling
    I learned that Bolton Thermal Recovery Facility takes our recycling and burns it into electricity. I enjoyed making a wallpaper bag for me. I found interesting that the fire that they use to burn the rubbish is over one thousand degrees hot.

16. 0212011up says:

I learned the Bolton thermal recovery facility recycles waste and generates it into electricity. I enjoyed making bags out of wallpaper for our parents.I found interesting that the waste was put into a furnace which is the temperature of 1,000 degrees Celsius.

17. 0212011ak says:

I learned that our rubbish gets burnt into water and after that it gets generated into a lot of electricity.
    I enjoyed creating re usable wallpaper bag.
    I found interesting that our rubbish might have been used to create a cereal box.

18. 0212011ms1 says:

I learned that Bolton Thermal Recovery facility generates electricity out of rubbish.I enjoyed making bags out of non recyclable paper. I found interesting that in the next 60 years aluminium will be gone the way we are going.

19. 0212011up says:

20. 0212011ap3 says:

I learned where all the rubbish goes in the factory’s.I enjoyed making some beautiful bags. I found interesting looking at the machines and where the giant grabber takes hold of the rubbish.Also I found out when Fred Dibnah fixed the chimney.

21. 0212011rs says:

I learnt that the Bolton Thermal Recovery Facility produces electricity by burning recycled items.
    I enjoyed making a decorative bags out of non-recyclable items so it wouldn’t go to waste and we can use it usefully.
    I found interesting that the furnace heats up to 1000 degrees Celsius sometimes even more!

22. 0212011za says:

I learned that recycling generates electricity for us to use at home.I enjoyed making bags out of patterned wallpaper.What i found interesting was that the fire is about 1000 degrees.

23. 0212011hm says:

Bolton Thermal Rocvery Facility mackes rubish in to elactrisoty.

24. 0212011an says:

At the recycling centre I learned that recycling helps people in their lives by putting the right things in the right bin and in the olden days Salford used to put all their recycling in the land which is called Pillsworth. I enjoyed it when we made bags with wallpaper which could not be recycled also we made it with tissue paper and card. I found interesting that the surface is 1000 degrees and that a man called Fred Dibnah used to fix the cracks on the tall, cylindrical chimney.

25. 0212011mz says:

I learned how to recycle and how important it is and making purses and I learnt that people recycle and make things as if plastic bottle and make plastic chair. I enjoyed how the grabber picked up the rubbish and wearing the headphones. I found interesting they can make things out of it and each bin mean to us for all sorts and different colours and signs .

26. 0212011aa3 says:

Recycle
    I learned that the rubbish we use is burns and makes electricity. I enjoyed
    making a bag for my mum. I found interesting looking at the furnace.

27. 0212011bj says:

I learnd that recycling helps people save thing like trees. I enjoyed making the bags. What i found interesting is looking at the old things people made from recicaling bits.

28. 0212011mc says:

I learned that Fred Dibnah use to clime the chimny and fixed the cracks on the chimney and waste turns into electricity.

29. 0212011ai says:

I learned that Fred Dibnah climed the chimney to fix the cracks. I enjoyed making a bag for my mum and dad. I found interesting that a man comes with a big gunand shoots the fire.

30. 0212011tg says:

I learned that when you give your rubbish it gets put in the furnace.I enjoyed learning facts about recycling. I found interesting that if there is a peice of metal that does not burn has to be taken out.