Barrow Bridge Visit

One of the buildings we looked at was the old school.

For our ‘What Price Progress?’ topic, we recently visited Barrow Bridge. We were learning about the Industrial Revolution and the effects on the local area.

What did you find interesting and enjoyable?

This entry was posted in Class Blogs, History. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Barrow Bridge Visit

1. 0212011ms1 says:

At Burrow Bridge I learned people use to live here because there is a mill. There is a church that is still in use today. I found the post box most interesting because it as the oldest post box in Bolton.

2. 0212011sh says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned Victorians lived there and there were back to back house. I found the post box most interesting because it was built into the shop.

3. 0212011zp says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned that the Postbox was made in the 1840s. I found the waterwheel most intersting because it had loads of water.

4. 0212011aa4 says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned that the houses were built in Victorian times. I learned that the houses are built back to back. I also saw the oldest post box in the Bolton. I found the post box most interesting because it is the oldest post box in the Bolton.

5. 0212011hy says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned about school and the poor people. I found school most interesting because I didn’t know how education started.

6. 0212011em says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned in Victorian times they use oil for the lamps. I found the post office most interesting because I post things everyday

7. 0212011mk says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned Victorions lived in back to back houses and you had to walk a lot to get to the toilets. I found the oldest post box most interesting because it was inside a wall.

8. 0212011ak says:

At Barrow Bridge I learnt that it was from the Industrial revolution and Prince Albert came to visit. I found the water wheel most interesting because it spins using water.

9. 0212011up says:

At Barrow Bridge the post office that is stuck in the wall of the co-operative shop is the oldest post office in Bolton and that the person who built and owned Barrow Bridge is called Thomas Bazley. The most interesting thing is Prince Albert visiting Barrow Bridge.

10. 0212011tg says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned that there is a post office. I found out that it is the oldest post office in the whole of Bolton and there used to be back to back houses .

11. 0212011rp says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned that all the houses are back to back and the toilets are in the back yard. I found the amazing oldest post box in Bolton most interesting because it was the oldest and in the Industrial Revolution and in the Victorian time they used it.

12. 0212011ac says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned that Thomas Bazely opened it and that Prince Albert has visited there.I found the postbox most intresting because they still use the famous red postbox today.

13. 0212011aa3 says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned about back to back houses and about the amazingly massive big shops. I found interesting about the old post box because it is the oldest post box.