Smithills Hall

We dressed up and role-played the jobs of the workers.

5X took a visit to Smithills Hall. We learned about its history and relevance during the Victorian times.

What did you find most interesting?

This entry was posted in Latest Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Smithills Hall

1. 0212011hy says:

It was really good. So if you want to go. It’s a fabulous place with amazing facts with historic stuff.

2. 0212011sh says:

If I were to visit Smithills Hall during Victorian times I would see the amazing Ainsworths family,less buildings and servants working.

3. 0212011mk says:

At Barrow Bridge I learned Victorians lived in back to back houses and you had to walk a lot to get to the toilet. I found the oldest post box most interesting because it was inside a wall.

4. 0212011zp says:

If I were to visit Smithills Hall during the Victorian times i would see the carpet beaters,people filling up water and the silver lady.

5. 0212011aa4 says:

If I was to visit the great Smithills Hall during the Victorians time I would find wealthy Ainsworth family having coffee. I would find servants serving, cleaning and washing. I might get to see peoples worshipping in the Church.

6. 0212011tg says:

If I was to visit Smithills Hall during the Victorian times I would see the rooms of the Ainsworth family. I would see carpet beaters and I would see how they would have a bath.

7. 0212011em says:

If I was to visit Smithills Hall during the Victorian times I would see the college people building the wooden stairs . And the women walking through the wall

8. 0212011mk says:

If I was to visit Smithils Hall during the Victorians I would see people trying to get on Mr Ainsworth land, I would see Mr Ainsworth shooting birds and George Marsh stamping his feet.

9. 0212011up says:

If i was to visit Smithills hall during the victorian times I would see Colonel Ainsworth shooting birds,George Marsh disappearing from the Church and the servants serving Colonel Ainsworth.

10. 0212011ak says:

If I were to visit Smithills Hall during the Victorian times I would see George Marsh stamping his foot, rich people extending their house to show off and Kernal Ainsworth shooting and stuffing birds.

11. 0212011ms1 says:

If I were to visit Smithills Hall during the Victorian times I would see people trying to come into the field, carpet beaters and George marshin stamping his feet

12. 0212011ms1 says:

If I were to visit Smithills Hall during the Victorian times I would see people trying to come into the field, carpet beaters and George Marshin stamping his feet.

13. 0212011ac says:

If I was to visit Smithils Hall during the Victorian times I would see the bird shooting and nobody standing on my land Ainsworth. I would also might see George Marshall stepping on the ground another thing I might see is rich people exentending their house to show off.

14. 0212011rp says:

If I were to visit Smithils hall during the Victorian time I would see people trying to walk on Mr Ainsworths property, the footprint of George Marsh and people extending their houses to show off.

15. 0212011aa3 says:

If I was to visit Smithills Hall during Victorian time I would see carpet beaters, Curnel Ainsworth who shot birds and about how they have a bath.