Please name three facts you have learnt about the Mayans.

A house in which a Mayan family would have lived

A Mayan temple

This entry was posted in Class Blogs. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Please name three facts you have learnt about the Mayans.

1. 0212011rp says:

The three facts about Mayans I found out are
    1) Mayans had to live in windowless houses.
    2) They lived in small villages.
    3) On their roof it was covered with grass

2. 0212011kp says:

Three Facts About The Mayans Are :
    1. Mayans called corn maize.
    2. Women were in charge of cooking the daily meals.
    3. The Mayans grew lots of vegetables including sweet potatoes and much other veg.

3. 0212011zp says:

Mayan people were very successful people because of there keen hunting skills.Poor Mayans had to eat brown food. Mayans sacrificed a lot of people in ball games.

4. 0212011ms says:

Three Facts About The Mayans Are :
    1. The Mayans liked pyramids and they used to think they were alive so they made them red
    2. The Mayans loved chocolate
    3. The Mayans used to wear clothes which didn’t really cover the body

5. 0212011ka says:

Three facts I have learnt are:
    The Mayan Pyramids are set out exactly the same as a motherboard of a computer,
    The Mayans are a class society,
    They built temples with a flat roof so they can have religious festivals there.

6. 0212011rs says:

Three facts I learnt about the Mayans are , when you are 15 years old you can get married and you are classed as an adult. When you are young your toys are usually small tools

7. 0212011ak says:

I learnt that they lived in central America.
    I learnt that they loved arts and crafts.
    I learnt that they grew lots of vegetables.
    Adam.

8. 0212011up says:

In the holidays we had a project about ancient Maya.I worked with Safwaan to create a poster. I learned that Mayan houses are like a Compound because they live with family members,they grow loads of vegetables like sweet potatoes and that they live in Central America.

9. 0212011aa4 says:

In my holidays I researched about The ancient Mayans. I learned lot of interesting facts but my favourite three are here .
    . Ancient Mayans had a similar game to soccer where the loser would get scarified.
    . Mayans people liked to eat vegetables they loved corn.
    . Mayans people use to worship Sun.
    By Abbas

10. 0212011ac says:

The Mayans called their football Pok-ta-Pok. They use a five pound rubber ball. Mayans call corn Maize. They grow fresh vegetables and corn.
    Adil

11. 0212011an says:

What I learnt was:
    Mayan slaves were not from the ancient Maya tribe they were captured from tribes and treated like the farmers were treated.
    Women had to cook all the meals and had to get their men ready for battle .
    Nobles and Leaders were at the top and slave and farmers were at the bottom of then line.

12. 0212011bj says:

THREE FACTS I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT MAYANS
    MAYANS HAD LOTS OF TEMPLES THAT WORSHIPPED DIFFERENT GODS.
    MAYANS BELIEVED THEY COULD COMMUNICATE WITH THERE GODS THROUGH HUMAN SACRIFICE.
    MAYANS HAD HUGE LANDS AND TEMPLES.

13. 0212011em says:

Three facts about Mayans:
    Mayan had to eat brown food like bread;
    Mayans like to eat chocolate;
    Mayans build temples similar to the Egyptian’s;

14. 0212011za says:

Mayans wore loincloths which were made of cotton.
    Avocados and tomatoes were mainly eaten by Mayans and Aztecs.
    Mayans were very good at art .

15. 0212011za says:

Mayans wore loincloths which were made of cotton.
    Avocados and tomatoes were mainly eaten by Mayans and Aztecs.
    Mayans were very good at art .

16. 0212011za says:

Mayans wore loincloths which were made of cotton.
    Avocados and tomatoes were mainly eaten by Mayans and Aztecs.
    Mayans were very good at art .

17. 0212011sh says:

In the Mayan writing system there are 800 characters. The Mayans call football paktapak. The Mayans had to eat brown food.

18. 0212011zp1 says:

the Mayans were great farmers. they grew corn . You can get married when you are 15 or 16 years old. Women were in charge of the all the meals: breakfast , lunch , dinner and supper.

19. 0212011ap3 says:

What I learnt was that:
    1. Mayan lived in central america.
    2. Mayan slaves were not from ancient Maya tribe the were captured and brought up in ancient Maya and treated how farmers were treated.
    3. Women had to cook all meals and get men ready for their battle .

20. 0212011sh says:

In the Mayan writing system there are 800 characters. Some representing numbers symbols and rulers.

21. 0212011mz says:

The Mayans loved to eat chocolates especially, it was very common indeed

22. 0212011ms1 says:

Did you know Mayans were great fishers and hunters?If you were poor you had to eat a lot of brown food.In Mayan times there was a lot of sacrifices.

23. 0212011mz says:

The Mayans loved to eat chocolates especially, it was very common indeed
    The Mayans wore very special clothes and they wore headdresses . They even built cottages homes aswelL the Mayan lived in a huge , massive Temple .

24. 0212011hm says:

I found out that the Mayans use chilli for fighting by putting chilli in the enemy eye!

25. 0212011tg says:

In the holidays i had a great time. I researched about about Mayans and how they lived. Did you Mayans grow lots of sweet vegetables like potatoes , and they live in the central America. In the holidays i made a Mayan temple and their alphabet. Mayans roofs are made out of straw.

26. 0212011zs says:

Two facts I have learned;
    1)Did you know the priests are like kings ?
    2) MAYANS lived in houses made of straw and dirt

27. 0212011mk says:

Two facts I learnt were Mayan eat brown bread a lot also they call corn maize.

28. 0212011aa3 says:

3 facts about Maya:
    Mayans have temples just like Egyptians
    Mayans like eating chocolate.
    Mayans like eating bread.

29. 0212011hm says:

30. 0212011mc says:

The more special the person is the bigger the hat is . Maya eat brown food . They live in brick houses .